If you are injured while on the job, you will most likely be entitled to compensation from your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier. There is a wide range of injuries that qualify for workers’ comp benefits, including many that some people assume are not compensable. At Lawrence & Associates, we are dedicated to helping injured workers get the compensation they need after an on-the-job accident. We know the tactics that insurance companies use to try to minimize the value of claims, and we work hard to overcome those tactics. Our goal is to help you get the medical care you need to recover as much as possible. We also help workers who have received disabilities from their accidents, as well as families who should receive survivor(s) benefits when they lose a loved one due to a work accident.
Injured Workers Are Not Required to Pay Any Attorney Fees or Expenses Up Front
With so many workers living paycheck to paycheck, a work injury can cause uncertainty and worry. How will you pay bills? How you will you continue to provide for your family? On top of that, you may be wondering how you can afford to pay a lawyer to help with your claim. Workers’ compensations attorneys in Kentucky and Ohio are paid on a contingent fee basis. The easiest way to understand contingent fees is to simply realize that any payments to your attorney are contingent on them obtaining compensation for you. In other words, if your lawyer does not either win your case at trial or negotiate a settlement with the insurance company, you do not have to pay anything. Further, you do not have to pay any fees to your lawyer out of your own pocket. Attorney fees and expenses are simply deducted out of your judgment or settlement.
8:30am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday or by appointment
Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Lawrence & Associates have handled all types of workers’ compensation cases. Lawrence & Associates will work to build a strong and successful case for you.
Like many areas of law, workers’ compensation can be difficult to understand. You may feel or know that you are entitled to benefits, but you probably do not know how much or how to make sure you receive them. Fortunately, an experienced lawyer can handle these issues so you can focus on your health. At Lawrence & Associates, our attorneys have extensive experience helping people recover much-needed workers compensation benefits in Kentucky and Ohio. We understand the Workers’ Compensation system’s complexities, including the rules for Temporary Total Disability (TTD), Permanent Partial Disability (PPD), and Permanent Total Disability (PTD). We can demystify the process for you and work to recover the maximum compensation to which you are entitled.
Our Workers’ Compensation Explained Series
- What You Should Expect from an Ohio Workers’ Compensation Claim - 04-19-2017
- What Should You Do If You Get Injured at Work? - 10-26-2016
- Charles Clark v. W & M Kraft, Inc - 09-30-2016
- When a Civil Defendant Files for Bankruptcy - 09-12-2016
- Turner v. Midland Decision - 09-08-2016
- Am I Covered Under Ohio’s Workers’ Compensation Code? - 08-24-2016
- Injured at Work: Separating Jones Act from State Workers’ Compensation Claims - 08-15-2016
- Marisa's Story - 07-20-2016
- The Injured Plaintiff’s Bankruptcy — Pitfalls for the Civil Litigator - 06-24-2016
- Attorney Justin Lawrence Wins at the Kentucky Supreme Court - 02-22-2016
- Am I Covered Under Kentucky Workers’ Compensation? - 02-08-2016
- Lawrence & Associates Won the First Civil Trial Tried in Boone County This Year - 08-05-2015
- Why Isn't My Workers' Compensation Check in the Mail? - 07-20-2015
- Lawrence & Associates Help a Client Offered Too Little By Her Workers' Comp Carrier Get a Settlement for 10 times More! - 04-23-2015
- Lawrence & Associates Get a Prisoner Temporary Total Disability (TTD) and Surgery for an Accident That Happened While He Was Working - 04-09-2015
- Lawrence & Associates Get a Settlement for a Client After His Employer Denied Treatment and Refused To Pay Temporary Total Disability - 04-03-2015
- Do I Have to Pay Back My Workers' Compensation Claim If I Win My Lawsuit? - 02-27-2015
- Lawrence & Associates Gets a Workers' Compensation Settlement For a Client With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) - 12-30-2014
- What Are The Typical Fees In a Worker's Compensation Case? - 12-17-2014
- Some Insurance Companies Employ Private Investigators to Find Evidence Against Your Workers' Compensation Claim - 11-24-2014
More About Us
Contact Us for a Free Consultation! Call 859-371-5997 in KY or 513-351-5997 in OH.