Northern Kentucky Creditor Harassment Attorney
Lawrence & Associates can protect you from abusive and threatening creditors. Creditors are notorious for using threats, intimidation tactics and false information in order to scare debtors into making payments. The truth is, regardless of your ability to pay, or what a creditor may claim, there are certain actions they cannot legally take.
When you know the facts, you are in a better position to make decisions about your financial future and stop the abuse. According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, creditors are prohibited from “abusive, deceptive and unfair debt collection practices.” If a creditor continues to violate these laws and harass you and your family, you may be able to bring a claim against them and sue for financial damages. Contact our Northern Kentucky creditor harassment lawyers at (513) 351-5997 to get started.
Experienced Creditor Harassment Attorneys
Lawrence & Associates have handled creditor harassment cases in the past. Lawrence & Associates will work to build a strong and successful case for you against creditors that are harassing you.
The truth about debt collection attempts is that:
- Creditors CANNOT call you at work once you have asked them to stop
- Creditors CANNOT call you excessively or at unreasonable times
- Creditors CANNOT call your family members and reveal the alleged debt
- Creditors CANNOT intimidate you by providing false and misleading information
- Creditors CANNOT have you arrested
- Creditors CANNOT use vulgar or abusive language
- Creditors CAN file a lawsuit to have a lien placed on your home
- Creditors CAN seek to repossess your automobile
- Creditors CAN attempt to garnish your wages
- Creditors are legally obligated to cease all contact and collection attempts once you have filed for bankruptcy. If they do not, you have the right to sue them.
Contact a Creditor Harassment Lawyer
If you are being harassed by creditors, contact the Northern Kentucky bankruptcy attorneys of Lawrence & Associates for the help you need to put an end to it. Call (513) 351-5997 or contact us online.