Cincinnati Delivery Truck Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a delivery truck accident, you are suffering the horrific aftermath of loss on just about every front in your life. Delivery truck drivers who cause accidents that result in serious injuries and property damage or death should be held accountable for their negligence.
Contact the Cincinnati delivery truck accident lawyers of Lawrence & Associates at (513) 351-5997 for a free consultation about your case and let us go to work fighting for the compensation you are entitled to.
Being involved in a delivery truck accident can be not just physically traumatic, but emotionally terrifying as well because delivery trucks can weigh between 15,000 and 25,000 pounds while the average weight of passenger vehicles is about 4,000 pounds. With a weight that can be more than six times heavier than the average car weight, delivery trucks can create mayhem when they cause an accident.
With a metro-area population of over two million people, drivers in Cincinnati see plenty of truck accidents on the road. Truck drivers have an extra duty of care to drive safely because when they don’t, they put everyone on the road at risk for significant harm.
In the moments after your delivery truck accident, legal matters are the last thing you are thinking about. Your health and your safety and the health and safety of others is your primary concern.
However, after the initial shock of the delivery truck accident wears off, you need to retain experienced and knowledgeable legal counsel to fight for justice for all the losses you have suffered in the accident. While some of these are economic (medical bills, lost wages, lost potential income, loss of head of household support, for example), some are non-economic. These can include emotional and mental trauma, inability to resume daily activities, and other types of pain and suffering.
Lawrence & Associates understands that this is a heavy burden that has been dumped on you, through no fault of your own. Our compassionate and competent Cincinnati truck accident lawyers want to see you get the justice you deserve and we will shoulder the legal burden it requires to make that happen.
Contact us today at (513) 351-5997 for a no-cost consultation so that we can start fighting for the fair compensation you deserve.
What Can Cause Delivery Truck Accidents?
Over the past ten years, booming online business multiplied the number of delivery trucks on Cincinnati area roads. Think about how many times a day you see a meal delivery service, big-box store, or online mega-emporium delivery truck. Think about how many times you see them on your own street.
Just like tractor-trailers, delivery trucks have limited maneuverability and large blind spots. When inexperienced or unprofessional drivers operate these ubiquitous vehicles, they put everyone else on the road in danger. If you or a loved one have been the victim of serious injuries or death because of a delivery truck driver’s negligence, you can take legal steps to hold them or their employer responsible for their actions.
Just like accidents caused by negligent tractor-trailer operators, Ohio delivery truck accidents can be caused by a variety of factors. Some common ones include:
- Improperly maintained trucks
- Improperly trained or licensed drivers
- Unbalanced or unsecured loads
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to check blind spots
- Failure to signal lane changes or exits
- Illegal parking in blind turn areas or pedestrian zones
- Reckless driving, such as speeding or sudden stopping
- Driver distraction, such as checking a GPS or using a cellular device
When you hire the seasoned delivery truck accident lawyers at Lawrence & Associates, we will thoroughly investigate all the facts of your case. We’ll establish exactly what happened and how. Once we know that, we can argue that the responsible parties are legally responsible or liable for their negligence. In all of the above cases, the driver and/or their employer could be required to pay you compensation for the accident.
What Should I Do After I’m Hit by a Delivery Truck?
It’s important to take specific actions after you are hurt in a delivery truck collision. At Lawrence & Associates, we hope you’re never involved in one. If you are, however, you should do the following
- Get safe. Before you do anything else, be sure that you, your passengers, and any other drivers or pedestrians involved in the accident are safe, if you are able.
- Call 911. This will ensure that both law enforcement and emergency services respond to the accident. This is important because medical issues can be documented and a police report about the accident can be generated.
- Tell the truth. When you talk to the police, tell the truth about what happened without trying to blame the delivery truck driver. You want the record to be complete and accurate, and any exaggeration at this point won’t help you.
- Gather evidence. At the scene of the crash, if you’re able, take photographs of your car, the other driver’s car, including their branding or livery, and the accident scene. You can also take witness statements if there are any bystanders. Exchange basic information with the delivery truck driver, but don’t discuss the accident with them. Get their name, license number, and insurance information. If you’re able, get their employer name and their license tag number as well.
- If you don’t get medical treatment at the scene of the accident, go to the emergency room as soon as possible afterward. Even if you have no obvious wounds, you may have internal injuries that require treatment. Keep records of all medical treatment for your injuries.
- Avoid talking too much before retaining legal counsel. You’ll need to report the accident to your insurance company. You may also be contacted by the driver’s or their employer’s insurance company. You can give them the basic facts about the accident without going into details.
- Contact a lawyer, like the talented attorneys at Lawrence & Associates. Our Cincinnati-area legal are available to begin to seek compensation for all of your losses with a free, no-obligation consultation.
How Can Lawrence & Associates Help After My Delivery Truck Accident?
In Ohio, you can begin a personal injury case up to two years after the date of your accident. If you retain a lawyer before that time, they can initiate a personal injury claim on your behalf. At Lawrence & Associates, we have experienced Greater Cincinnati lawyers who take a modern approach to improve our communication and efficiency with our clients.
Contact us at (513) 351-5997 today to begin with a free case evaluation. We’ll tell you exactly how your case might go, and explain to you what our next steps would be if you pursue a personal injury case. We’ll investigate every small and large aspect of your delivery truck accident, and we will gather evidence from everyone involved.
We might request or subpoena documents from the driver and their employer to establish whether they had a history of reckless or incompetent driving. That could implicate the company that hired the negligent driver in your injury. We’ll hire experts to improve our argument when we need to.
After we are sure that our legal basis is strong, we’ll send a demand letter to all insurance companies involved. They might respond and settle the case immediately by paying you full and fair compensation. If they don’t, we may negotiate with them.
We devote all of our energy to getting you the financial recovery you need after your delivery truck accident, so we won’t rest until the insurance companies offer you what you deserve. If they don’t, we will take your case to court. The skilled legal team at Lawrence & Associates will work together with you every step of the way so that you’re never left in the dark. Call us now at (513) 351-5997 to get started.
What Kind of Compensation Might I Get?
If you or a loved one was seriously injured or killed in a delivery truck accident caused by the truck driver’s or their employer’s negligence, you may be owed significant financial compensation for their irresponsible actions. Since the truck driver and their employer may both be found liable, you may be owed more than you would be in an accident between two cars.
At Lawrence & Associates, we’ll establish exactly who is liable and to what extent they are liable so that you receive the maximum amount of compensation you deserve. The money you receive from your personal injury claim is called damages. They can include compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses related to your accident
- Past and future wages or salary that you lost
- Property damage, such as your car
- Pain and suffering
- Other damages, depending on the case
The best way to know what kind of damages you might be owed is to contact a lawyer. Our Cincinnati lawyers will examine the facts of your case, what kinds of liability might be involved, and discuss the potential damages you may win in a personal injury claim.
How Much Will This Cost Me?
Nothing. At Lawrence & Associates, we operate using contingency fees. We use this system because it lets us represent the people who truly need it. We represent people like you who have been hurt by the negligent actions of others.
We’ll only be paid when your case is concluded successfully. We work hard for people who work for a living, so we don’t expect you to pay us until we’ve won just compensation for you. From our initial consultation throughout your case, you won’t pay a dime. Our fees will come from the money you receive when your case is settled or decided in your favor.
Cincinnati Delivery Truck Lawyers at Lawrence & Associates Are Here for You
After you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a delivery truck accident caused by negligence, you need qualified legal professionals on your side. You were hurt because someone failed to do their job correctly and you deserve compensation.
Let our compassionate lawyers at Lawrence & Associates take some of the pressure after your accident off your shoulders and onto ours. We’re prepared to fight on your behalf and we’ll do everything we can to make sure you are fairly compensated for the losses you are dealing with. Call us now at (513) 351-5997 or fill out our contact form to start the healing process today.