Cincinnati Wrongful Death Attorneys
Coping with the loss of a loved one is difficult enough without considering whether their death was caused by another party’s negligence or wrongdoing. Wrongful death statutes exist so that hospitals, doctors, and corporations act more carefully in their professional responsibilities. If any person or company fell short in their duty to your loved one, it is your right to seek a wrongful death claim to achieve justice in their honor.
A wrongful death claim may be brought by a family member or personal representative of the deceased if their death was caused by the negligence or misconduct of another party. You may be entitled to monetary damages for the loss of your loved one, which can help you with funeral expenses, remaining medical bills, and other items that add to the devastation you are facing. At Lawrence & Associates, we know that nothing will replace the loss of your loved one, but our Cincinnati wrongful death attorneys can help you file a claim to get the compensation that will assist with your financial well-being. Contact us today at (513) 351-5997 to learn more.
Why You Need a Lawyer
An experienced attorney is the best person to manage a wrongful death claim because emotions often run too deep to try and handle this kind of action on your own. Laws involving wrongful death are complicated and are different in each state. For example, you will need to know the specific statute that allows for a wrongful death claim, and then how to establish the negligence of the party you think was at fault. If you have just lost a loved one, learning the law is probably the last thing on your mind. Let an experienced legal professional from Lawrence & Associates take care of your claim.
During the grieving period immediately following your loss, it may not seem important to take legal action. However, wrongful death cases must be filed within a certain amount of time to be eligible for recovery. An experienced wrongful death attorney from Lawrence & Associates is best equipped to guide you through the claim process and help you obtain the monetary damages you are entitled to receive for your loss.
Why Choose Us?
At Lawrence & Associates, we have a team of wrongful death attorneys who have dedicated their careers to achieving justice for clients who experience wrongdoing. We are compassionate and sensitive to each situation facing our clients, and that makes us the obvious choice to represent your family in a wrongful death claim. These are not cases we like to see come across our desks, but our services can offer financial relief and priceless peace of mind to families suffering from the loss of a loved one.
We have offices and resources in the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky areas. We make obtaining our services as convenient as possible for our clients and can even perform most meetings over the phone to reduce the amount of stress that goes along with pursuing a wrongful death claim. Our caring and compassionate attorneys can take some of the weight off of your shoulders as we assist you in a wrongful death claim.
Cases We Handle
The firm of Lawrence & Associates is equipped to handle all types of wrongful death claims. The most common examples of wrongful death claims include:
- Auto Accidents: Traffic laws exist to keep motorists and pedestrians safe, however people disregard these laws on a daily basis. From using a cell phone while driving to driving recklessly, drivers who disobey laws actively choose to endanger the lives of innocent people. If they seriously injure or take the life of someone, they should be held responsible for their actions.
- Medical Malpractice: We trust medical professionals with our lives, but mistakes can have serious consequences. If you have lost a loved one due to an irresponsible decision or action by a doctor, nurse, hospital, or another medical staff member, you can receive compensation for their mistakes.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle accidents can quickly take lives because the operator has extra exposure to the elements. However, if your loved one’s accident was the fault of another motorist, they should be held responsible. Not all drivers responsibly share the road, and there is no excuse if the error of another driver took the life of your loved one.
- Truck Accidents: An accident with an 18-wheeler is a unique danger due to their massive size and weight. When trucks are not operated safely or maintained properly, they can become even more dangerous. If any of these factors ultimately take a life, the truck driver and their trucking company should be held responsible to the fullest extent.
- Product Liability: Companies who sell products on the open market are responsible for the safety of their customers. When any product causes harm in any way that leads to wrongful death, the designers, manufacturers, and/or distributors should be held accountable.
There are other scenarios where a wrongful death claim is appropriate. Allow Lawrence & Associates to review your situation and provide legal advice regarding your claim so that you can receive just compensation for your loss. Compensation for the surviving family members in a wrongful death claim can include:
- Reimbursement of medical expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Coverage of the family member’s lost financial contributions
- Damages for physical pain and mental anguish
- Damages for the loss of your family member’s love, companionship, and comfort
Punitive damages to punish the wrongdoer may be available in limited situations in cases involving gross negligence or intentional acts.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’ve lost a loved one due to someone else’s actions or inaction, you have the right to seek answers and justice. We’re here to help get you both. Read a few of our frequently asked questions below, and call us at (513) 351-5997 to schedule a confidential consultation to discuss your case in detail.
Wrongful Death Statistics
Wrongful death statutes exist to keep doctors, medical professionals, hospitals, corporations, and others working to the best of their abilities to preserve the lives and well-being of others safe. When an act of negligence, recklessness, or intentional wrongdoing occurs, wrongful death statutes provide some element of recourse for the family members of the deceased.
Each year, more than 98,000 deaths occur as a result of medical malpractice that could have been prevented. Motor vehicle fatalities are the leading cause of unintentional deaths in the United States. Nearly 6,000 workplace accidents happen annually, resulting in many deaths.
If you are grieving the loss of a loved one in the Greater Cincinnati area, you may also be considering whether you should take legal action to pursue financial compensation for their death. Call Lawrence & Associates at (513) 351-5997 to schedule a free consultation and disucss the details of your case.