Cincinnati Construction Accident Attorneys
Most people understand that construction sites are inherently dangerous. However, when avoidable injuries occur, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. Whether you are an employee who was working on the site or a visitor or passerby who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, a Cincinnati construction accident attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
The experienced Cincinnati personal injury attorneys of Lawrence & Associates Accident and Injury Lawyers, LLC dedicate themselves to protecting the rights and interests of injured individuals throughout Ohio. Our lawyers will listen to your story and do everything in our power to get you the compensation you deserve. Call us at (513) 351-5997 or contact us online today for a free consultation to learn more about how we can help you.
Common Causes of Accidents on Construction Sites
Construction sites are full of potential dangers. Factors that can lead to injury include:
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Faulty or outdated equipment
- Unsafe working conditions
- Lack of regard for labor laws and regulations
- Scaffolding collapses
- Building collapses
- Heavy vehicle collisions
Construction workers may also suffer injuries or even death in “caught-in-between” accidents, in which equipment or objects compress their bodies.
Any of these accidents can cause severe injury to construction workers, inspectors, or passersby. When those in charge of maintaining safety at the construction site neglect their responsibilities, accidents are often the result of their negligence. The personal injury attorneys at Lawrence & Associates Accident and Injury Lawyers, LLC will help you hold them accountable for their wrongdoing.
Types of Injuries in a Construction Accident
Many of the materials and pieces of equipment on construction sites can cause a person serious harm in the event of an accident. The types of injuries a person might suffer include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Cuts and lacerations
- Severe burns
- Exposure to toxins
- Eye and facial injuries
- Spinal cord injuries leading to paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
These injuries can cause severe scarring, permanent disability, and even death.
Recovering Losses After a Construction Injury
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) notes that construction accidents have been on the rise in recent years. Construction workers who suffer injuries on the job have the right to apply for workers’ compensation benefits. These claims allow eligible individuals to recover compensation for their injury-related medical expenses, as well as a portion of the wages they have lost during their recovery.
The Cincinnati construction accident attorneys at Lawrence & Associates Accident and Injury Lawyers, LLC will help you determine whether you are eligible for workers’ comp benefits and can file a claim on your behalf. We can also appeal the decision if the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation denies your claim.
You will not be eligible to file a lawsuit against your employer while filing a workers’ compensation claim. However, many accidents occur due to a third party’s negligence. In such cases, you can file a separate claim against them to recover any losses your workers’ compensation benefits do not address.
Passersby who suffer injuries on construction sites are not eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. In order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will need to file a claim against the at-fault party’s insurance company. The attorneys at Lawrence & Associates Accident and Injury Lawyers, LLC can help you recover compensation for losses, including:
- Medical costs, such as emergency room visits, hospital stays, surgeries, and physical therapy
- Lost paychecks due to missed time at work
- Loss of future earning potential due to disability or disfigurement
- Physical and psychological pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
The consequences of a construction accident can turn lives upside-down in an instant. You should not shoulder the burden of costs when you are not the one to blame. Our Cincinnati attorneys will fight for the compensation you deserve.
How a Lawyer Can Help
Each case is unique. When you consult with a member of our legal team, we will give you our assessment of your case. In general, when you hire us, we will take the following steps:
- Investigate the accident – To obtain compensation for you, we will have to prove that someone was negligent in their duty to keep you safe and that their negligence led to the accident that injured you. Our personal injury attorneys will investigate the circumstances of the accident to demonstrate the link between your injuries and the event.
- Determine liability – Our investigation will reveal who was at fault for your injuries. Liable parties in a construction accident may include contractors, building site owners, or equipment manufacturers.
- Calculate fair compensation – While the at-fault party’s insurance company may contact you to offer a settlement, you should never accept it without speaking with your attorney. These initial offers always fall far below what you require to cover your losses. Your attorney will calculate what you deserve by assessing the ways in which your injuries have affected your life.
- Negotiate with the insurance company – Once we have taken all your accident-related losses into account, we will present the insurer with a demand for compensation. While they might disagree with our assessment, we will argue for what you deserve.
- Take the at-fault party to court – If the insurer insists on undervaluing your claim, your only option to receive compensation may be to file a personal injury lawsuit. Our attorneys are skilled courtroom litigators. We will craft a strong case for you and confidently take your case to trial.
Why Choose Lawrence & Associates Accident and Injury Lawyers, LLC?
The legal team at Lawrence & Associates Accident and Injury Lawyers, LLC prides itself on working hard for the working class. We are committed to giving each of our clients the individual attention and care they deserve. Our attorneys understand how difficult life can be after you suffer injuries in an accident. Our job is to take care of all the legal and procedural hurdles of your personal injury claim so you can focus on recovering.
Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you will not owe us any legal fees upfront. You will only pay us once we have obtained compensation for you.
Contact an Experienced Cincinnati Construction Accident Attorney
Injuries from construction accidents are often devastating and life-changing. When you are dealing with the traumatic fallout of an accident, you need experienced professionals on your side. The skilled and knowledgeable construction accident attorneys at Lawrence & Associates Accident and Injury Lawyers, LLC have what it takes to fight for the compensation you deserve. If you were a worker injured on the job, we’ll pursue the workers’ compensation benefits you need. If you were a visitor or passerby on the construction site, we’ll work to hold the at-fault party accountable for their negligence and get appropriate compensation for your losses.
Call our offices today at (513) 351-5997 or contact us online for a free consultation to learn more about your legal options.